Amphibious DuathlonRun, paddle, and run. Take on two 5K trail runs broken up by a 2K flatwater paddle around Sadler Island. Registration for Virtual Edition is open through 8/12 at 5:00 pm.
10k (Two 5k Legs)
Total Distance - Run
Total Distance - Paddle
South Conference Center
5:00pm - 7:00pm
5k Run/2k Paddle/5k Run
Virtual Race Option
Last Day to register is August 12th at 5:00pm
- The paddling portion of Amphibious takes place in the Catawba River.
- All necessary flatwater paddling equipment is included in the registration fee.
- Participants are not allowed to utilize their own personal watercraft.
- The virtual race option allows racers to complete the course on their own time.
- The virtual race registration is open through August 12th at 5:00pm.
- Racers can complete the course at the Whitewater Center between August 13th-28th.
- A single activity flatwater pass will be available for racers at Guest Services locations to use for the paddle leg.
- Racers must utilize a Whitewater Center kayak.
- All three legs of the race must be recorded separately using a smart phone tracking app or GPS watch.
- The route will not be marked and will be self-guided.
- Results may be submitted via screenshots, GPX file or any other method that displays the following information:
- Timestamp including date
- Time elapsed
- Distance traveled
- GPS tracked route
- Results must be submitted via email to [email protected] by August 29th at 8:00am.
- Race Shirts will be available for pick-up in Outfitters August 19th-September 2nd.
- Friday, August 5, 2022
5:00 PM Packet Pick-Up Begins in Conference Center.
7:00 PM Packet pick-up ends in Conference Center.
- Saturday, August 6, 2022
8:00am Course opens (runners must start within 5 minutes of designated start time)
12:00pm Course Closes
Virtual Race Option
- August 13th to August 28th
August 13th First day to participate in virtual option.
August 28th Last day to participate in virtual option.
- Waiver Policy
- All participants must sign the Whitewater Center Assumption of Risk Agreement before participating.
- Waiver may be printed and brought to packet pick-up or completed on site.
- The waiver is not included in the online registration form.
- Refund and Transfer Policy
- Race Registration is non-refundable.
- Trail Safety
- Trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers at all times.
- Communicate when passing other trail users.
- No E-bikes or any form of powered transportation are permitted in any Whitewater Race Series events.
- Weather Policy
- Events are scheduled to proceed rain or shine.
- The Whitewater Center reserves the right to alter/reschedule/cancel any Whitewater Race Series event at any time.
- Parking Policy
- The Whitewater Center has a $6 daily parking fee. Annual parking passes are available for $60.
- Emergency Policy
- The Whitewater Center does not conduct trail rescues.
- Participants must call 911 if emergency services are needed.
- Emergency location markers are located within the trail system.