Time Laps 24-Hour Relay Race
Camaraderie, camping, competition and a whole lot of trail running. Gather your friends and compete in a 24-hour trail running relay race. Points are awarded based on number of completed laps and level of difficulty. Idle team members will compete in a series of mini-competitions at Race HQ while team members are out running.
24 Hour Relay Race
Available through May 15th, 2024
$150 per person
- Time Laps 24 Hour Relay Race puts your endurance to the test as you and your team race around the clock.
- This lap-based relay race challenges teams to earn as many points as possible within a 24-hour period.
- Registration includes a prepared dinner, breakfast, lunch, raffle tickets for unique prizes, finisher’s medal and race t-shirt
- Teams may include 2-12 participants.
- Single gender or coed teams can run in any order they prefer, but only one runner from each team will be able to accumulate points at a time.
- Runners from the same team will be allowed to run together between Sunset and Sunrise (if preferred).
- Team members are not required to run the same number of laps, though each member must complete at least one.
- Time Laps: 24 Hour Relay Race is limited to 400 participants on a first register, first serve basis.
- Standings will be decided throughout the race based on the number of points accumulated.
- During the race, points are accumulated by running any of the various routes.
- Each lap has been assigned a point value related to the distance and elevation change of that lap.
- Runners must check-in at the scoring table after each lap.
- Bonus points/awards will be up for grabs throughout the event based on mental and physical challenges including but not limited to:
- Running races
- Physical challenges
- Memory based activities
- Three 8-hour windows to collect bonus points throughout the facility
- Three 8-hour windows to run all loops for additional bonus points as a part of “Stairway
- Each registered runner will receive three meals throughout the race (dinner on Friday night, breakfast on Saturday morning and lunch on Saturday afternoon).
- We understand that certain participants may have specific dietary needs relative to this event, so the Whitewater Center is modifying the “no outside food or beverage” policy for registered Time Laps 24Hr Relay Race teams only.
- However, per North Carolina ABC regulations, no outside alcohol is permitted on premises and any team to violate regulations will be disqualified.
- Whitewater Center will be checking team coolers at check-in and campsites throughout the event.
- Other food and drink options will be available throughout the facility for purchase.
- Since this is a lap-based race, there will not be aid stations on the course.
- There will be designated team camping areas throughout the Whitewater Center Facility for registered racers.
- Based on limited space, teams must be able to fit all gear inside an assigned area.
- Solo racers and teams will be assigned a campsite based on the number of people on their team.
- To be respectful of all teams, generators will not be permitted at campsites. Various power sources are available throughout the facility if needed.
- Dogs will be allowed at campsites. Please know that Whitewater Center policy states that dogs must be always kept on a 6-ft leash while on facility grounds. Event Staff reserves the right to deduct points or disqualify teams that are not able to control dogs if they negatively affect the event.
- A mandatory campsite deposit of $50 (cash only) will be collected from each team at check-in. The deposit will be returned once the campsite condition (no litter, campfires, damage, etc.) has been approved by Whitewater Center staff.
• Please note, some camping areas will be louder than others. We will do our best at check-in to accommodate team campsite location requests on a first-come, first-serve basis. Come with a plan, but be prepared to be flexible.
- Change of clothes including extra pairs of socks
- Back-up running shoes/camp shoes
- Rain jacket and warm layers (for campsite and nighttime running)
- Headlamp (and spare batteries)
- Basic first aid kit (1 per team)
- Sleeping bag and sleeping pad
- Small Tent/hammock
- Water bottle, hydration pack, or hydration carrying option of your choice
- Towel (Full locker room and shower facilities on site)
- $50 in cash for team campsite deposit
- Cash/Credit card for additional food/beer throughout the event
24 Hour Relay Race - Friday
- Friday, May 17, 2024
3:30pm Day- of Registration Opens
3:30pm Camping set-up begins
6:00pm Welcome Dinner begins (included in registration fee)
7:00pm Course opens/timing begins
8:00pm Welcome Dinner ends
24 Hour Relay Race - Saturday
- Saturday, May 18, 2024
7:00AM Breakfast begins (included in registration fee)
9:00AM Breakfast ends
12:00PM Lunch begins (included in registration fee)
2:00PM Lunch ends
7:00PM Course closes (official times no longer recorded)
7:00PM Post-Race party and awards.
8:00PM Team campsites must be cleaned up and cleared out
- Waiver Policy
- All participants must sign the Whitewater Center Assumption of Risk Agreement before participating.
- Waiver may be printed and brought to packet pick-up or completed on site.
- The waiver is not included in the online registration form.
- Refund and Transfer Policy
- Race Registration is non-refundable.
- Trail Safety
- Trails will be open to other runners, hikers and bikers at all times.
- Communicate when passing other trail users.
- No E-bikes or any form of powered transportation are permitted in any Whitewater Race Series events.
- Weather Policy
- Events are scheduled to proceed rain or shine.
- The Whitewater Center reserves the right to alter/reschedule/cancel any Whitewater Race Series event at any time.
- Parking Policy
- The Whitewater Center has a $6 daily parking fee. Annual parking passes are available for $60.
- Emergency Policy
- The Whitewater Center does not conduct trail rescues.
- Participants must call 911 if emergency services are needed.
- Emergency location markers are located within the trail system.